SEISMIC BLOCKS IN CELLULAR CONCRETE (3C)
Making Isoltech blocks does not require costly plant, furnaces or autoclaves. The blocks are made with the IBS-08 mixer and with specially designed formwork for the various dimensions and structural requirements.
Once the first layer of cellular concrete seismic blocks have been levelled, the remainder are assembled without the need for a binding agent to keep the wall true: the MF (Male/Female) joint on the 3C blocks carry out this role, offering many advantages:
- less use of binding agents (only necessary for the block vertical faces);
- reduced use of plaster because the blocks are perfectly aligned and surface corrections are not necessary;
- notable saving on the cost of qualified labour and, of course, time;
- there is no need for load bearing pillars (for buildings of up to 3 floors);
- they are easily cut using a traditional saw;
- the male-female outlines (“MF” blocks) allow for dry assembly, subsequently to be bonded together with a fluid mortar in sand and concrete through the columns formed by the vertical cavities in the superimposed blocks. The insertion of reinforcing rods (with “U” blocks) allows for building walls in areas of seismic activity; furthermore, it is possible to reinforce the floor slabs (with “L” blocks) thanks to the particular jointing of these ring beam blocks;
- the following special cellular concrete seismic blocks are also available: Channelled blocks for arches and horizontal rigidity – Perforated blocks for vertical structures;
Take a look at the Isoltech System components and the positions for iron reinforcing, be that vertical or horizontal.
Furthermore, given that the mechanical resistance of the reinforced wall is that of the cylindrical columns filled with iron and mortar, the density of the raw (non-autoclaved) cellular concrete blocks may be very low, which gives it a high thermal insulation value while at the same time reducing the weight of the load bearing structure.
A simple example: In the test with a wall built of 800 kg/m3 blocks with a density of 1200 kg/m3, the drift of 0.5‰ was moved to a 4‰, seismic intensity value for project Regulations. Then increasing the shift to a value of 12.5‰, greatly superior than the forecast objectives.
The anti-seismic performance of the cellular concrete blocks in the scientific tests was excellent and was superior to traditional materials.
SEISMIC RESISTANCE TESTS WITH ISOLTECH 3C CELLULAR CONCRETE BLOCKS
Content of the video: Construction of reinforced seismic walls reinforced in cellular concrete
DISCOVER HOW TO BUILD ANTI-SISMIC BUILDINGS USING THE 3C BLOCKS
PRODUCTS RECOMMENDED FOR MAKING 3C ANTI-SISMIC BLOCKS IN CELLULAR CONCRETE
To make 3C anti-seismic blocks in cellular concrete, the following products are required: